Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? In this role, you will be a technical leader with massive impact. If you are a self-starter, enjoy building large scale distributed and orchestration systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, look no further.
The Multichannel Ads team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon's ad solutions. Our team is driving innovations to support Amazon and 3rd party advertising across all types of channels at massive scale. This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into online advertising.
As Principal TPM in the Advertising Technology team, you will be responsible for developing the next generation campaign setup, delivery, reporting and optimization infrastructure which will spur innovation and fuel the future growth of Amazon Ad Solutions with an immediate impact on millions of customers every day. We are a high visibility program team that owns some of the most critical goals in Amazon ad programs. Our team is responsible for building advertising solutions powered by machine learning models to provide optimum ad experience to our customers and expected performance to our advertisers.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has both a strong technical background, and either technical management or program/product management background. You must be comfortable working with both service-oriented architectures, and large, complex data sets. You must have a diverse set of unblocking tools and mechanisms, resulting in an ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams both inside and outside of your overall organization. You must be able to thrive in both start-up and more mature business environments, be truth seeking, and be willing to not only operate strategically, but be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done yourself. No idea is too big for you to consider, and no task is too small for you to deliver on.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We are investing in a deep technical team to pursue a transformation opportunity around advertising technology. The successful candidate will build upon technical skills and core program management successes.
A Technical Program Manager (TPM) will partner with engineers, other TPMs, Product Managers and senior management to help create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and an expeditious drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Meet internal and external customer needs by developing and delivering projects on time.
• Actively engage with partner teams (Engineering, Design, Client Services, Operations) to ensure projects deliver the best results.
• Evaluate benefits and risks of projects and determine next steps.
• Resolve issues by identifying and working with the correct team, outline problem statement and propose ideal solution.
• Manage and support multiple programs across the organization.
• Establish and track goals, metrics, and indicators for success.
• Create and send program updates.
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Visual Designers, and developers to execute on beta ad products. Incubate new ad products by understanding product's vision, and driving early acceptance testing.
• Standardize, document and train internal teams on procedures.
• Act as escalation support for various internal teams.
Specific skills we are looking for:
• Adept at getting things done in a startup environment with lots of ambiguity but also lots of opportunity
• Exceptional program management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to inspire teams to work on not just what's urgent, but what's most important
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Translate customer's business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
• Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for sales and marketing
• Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
• Partner as a technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Demonstrated ability to deliver large projects with multiple stakeholders, tight timelines and shifting priorities.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
• Ability to comfortably and confidently present to executives and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including at the executive level
• Experience in advertising domain
• Experience with machine learning, constraint optimization and large scale distributed systems.
• Demonstrated experience in managing teams, building processes and driving complex projects to conclusion.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Self-starter with a "roll up your sleeves" mentality no task is too small, if it helps drive our core business.
• MBA, or project management certifications a plus
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.