Advertising at Amazon is a fast-growing multi-billion dollar business that spans across desktop, mobile and connected devices; encompasses ads on Amazon and a vast network of hundreds of thousands of third party publishers; and extends across US, EU and an increasing number of international geographies. The Supply Quality team in Bangalore has the charter to build data-science focused products and engineer infrastructure for indexing and modulating the quality of supply in Amazon Advertising. We develop advanced algorithms and systems to optimize performance for our advertisers and publishers. We are focused on solving a wide variety of problems traffic quality prediction (robot and fraud detection), security forensics and research, viewability prediction, brand safety, content extraction and classification, and experimentation. Our team includes experts in the areas of software development, distributed computing, machine learning, statistics, optimization and big data systems.
The Supply Quality infrastructure(SQI) builds the underlying infrastructure solutions for Supply Quality organization. We build large-scale real-time transactional solutions, batch and stream processing systems, content extraction and classification solutions, and storage infrastructure that processes advertising events in the orders of tens of billions per day with our real-time, batch, and stream processing solutions. To handle data at this scale, we use cutting-edge open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redis and Amazon's cloud services like EC2, S3, EMR, Lambda, DynamoDB, RedShift etc. All of our systems are loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We also implement complex machine learning and optimization algorithms at scale.
We are seeking a talented, technically strong and highly motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join SQI. The Principal TPM for Supply Quality Infrastructure is responsible for driving long-term strategy and architecture vision of the complex and diverse core-infrastructure components maintained by the org. The TPM is responsible for defining the goals and roadmap for the org, own leadership updates, execute the right software development best practices and ensuring operational stability. The role will implement and manage effective coordination with various advertising partner teams to deliver product improvements, upgrades to existing ad programs, onboard new ad programs, and evolve the infrastructure based on technological advancements and compliance needs.
We are seeking TPMs who possess very strong stakeholder management skills, program management background, well-rounded technical background and ability to track multiple diverse projects through their lifecycle. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
We offer a fast-paced and fun workplace with competitive salary and great benefits.
• 10+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- An ability to conduct and/or oversee interface design, requirements definition, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts.
- A willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues to develop and maintain the skills necessary to manage and advocate products and projects
- An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
- Experience with service oriented architecture and object oriented design
- Experience in the online marketing /advertising industry is desired
- MBA is desirable