The Team: How often do you get the opportunity to join a start-up working on a brand-new Amazon product? Have you ever wanted to be part of the next big thing while it was literally day zero? Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly collaborative environment that's in the earliest stages of solving a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
The Role: In this role, you will wear many hats; you must possess a unique combination of strong technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compelling at all levels of the company. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd like to speak with you.
As a Principal TPM you will be expected to:
• Own programs with significant complexity with broad cross-organizational and/or deep architectural impact.
• Drive large engineering efforts that solve significantly difficult problems with complete independence.
• Identify risks/opportunities in technical strategies, architecture(s), in engineering organization structure(s).
• Improve how organizations interact to achieve business and technology goals.
• Create and optimize cross-organizational structures and mechanisms to ensure long-term success.
• Decompose complex processes into simple, straightforward solutions.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Scope, plan, implement and deliver projects and programs, and collaborate with Program Managers and senior leaders to align with strategic vision and goals
• Drive projects cross functionally, build partnerships with other organizations, and work proactively with business teams to ensure security objectives are met
• Integrate information security into organizational development and processes
• Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms
• Support deep dive assessments and ad-hoc data analysis requests
• Deliver findings, recommendations and remediation steps for all activities
• Drive, mature, and improve organizational security, risk identification and remediation processes, and risk tracking mechanisms
• Bring innovative ideas, finding better ways of engaging our customers and service owners, and solving problems
* Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
10+ years of experience involved in the design, implementation and delivery of complex systems
7+ years of experience managing technology projects
A technical undergraduate degree
* Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Experience with hardware, firmware, and software systems
An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong writing skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.