Principal Technical Program Manager
- United States
We are looking to hire for this role in Toronto, Seattle, or Boulder. Also open to Bay Area or New York City.
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead an across-advertising program that will have significant strategic impacts to Amazon advertising business. You will work backwards from the customers, collaborate with technical teams across Advertising to implement solutions, and deeply analyze the results. You will also evangelize new features and program direction to our customers, track the realized impacts, and communicate results with the senior leadership. You will deal with some of the toughest and most inspiring challenges of your career as you invent new big data paradigms and scale for extreme growth.
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
• Expertise working on large and deeply transformative projects
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• MBA and/or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Experience in advertising domain and technology
• Experience with advertising measurement standards (e.g., MRC, IAB) a big plus
• Experience with large scale and low latency system.
• 5 years of related experience with large scale strategic planning within a disbursed organization.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Back to top