Principal Technical Program Manager - AWS Identity
- Bengaluru, India
The AWS Identity Resource Management team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager with a passion for building highly reliable and low latency services for use by all AWS Services and customers to manage their AWS resources. We are embarking on projects to create new systems to streamline AWS service integration with Identity services, and it's a great time to join and help shape and deliver on this strategy. Responsibilities include engaging program/product managers to identify new opportunities, define and design product features, lead the effort to build highly reliable foundational services.
The ideal candidate will have both technical and business background, with experience in software design, development, testing, and operations. They will also be excellent in working across functional teams and meet a high technical bar. Their background enables them to define business and architectural strategy, drive engagement and interact at the VP level across organization structures, and align technical teams toward coherent approaches.
As a Principal TPM in AWS Resource Management, you will:
• Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing programs
• Manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams
• Partner with the leadership team to define business and architectural strategy and build roadmaps for the programs you and your team own
• Be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• 7+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between multiple teams in disperse functional groups
• 7+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• You have a track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical multi-team environment
• Excellent written, spoken, and listening communication skills
• You are a skilled writer, you have excellent instincts and judgement
• You have a clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and partnering skills
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Cross-team coordination skills
• Proven ability to concisely communicate with an executive audience in both written and verbal communication
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top