The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As a Principal TPM for our autonomy teams, you will work with experienced teams of applied scientists and software engineers designing and implementing our cutting edge perception, localization, simulation and navigation systems, and inventing ways to drive innovation across our organization and the company on behalf of our customers.
You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. The ability to assimilate a large number of inputs from stakeholders, develop cohesive designs and functional specs, prioritize and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is critical in this role.
You will clearly communicate goals, requirements, roadmaps, and timelines to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You are entrepreneurial, innovative, and thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, sound business and technical judgement, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and leadership are essential to success in this role. And you love robots!
If you want to help build the future of autonomous delivery, we would love to talk to you!
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of technical industry experience including program management
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Proficient knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
• Experience working with the large scale global deployments of advanced robotics systems
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and proven leadership skills.
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control management and release models.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. #DRPM