Principal Technical Program Manager, Amazon Scout
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As the Principal TPM for the on-robot software teams, you will work with experienced teams of engineers designing and implementing our cutting edge computation and control systems, and inventing ways to drive innovation across our organization and the company on behalf of our customers. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. The ability to assimilate a large number of inputs from stakeholders, develop cohesive designs and functional specs, prioritize and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is critical in this role. You will clearly communicate goals, requirements, roadmaps, and timelines to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You are entrepreneurial, innovative, and thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, sound business and technical judgement, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and leadership are essential to success in this role. And you love robots, let's not forget that we are designing a fleet of fully autonomous vehicles.
If you want to help build the future of autonomous delivery at Earth's biggest online retailer, we would love to talk to you!
• 8+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in delivering complex software (or equivalent)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)
• Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, drive solution design across organizational boundaries, manage multiple software development efforts, establish rigorous testing standards and success metrics
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience with embedded or Linux platforms and development tools
• Experience with ROS
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results across organizations and business units
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top