Principal Technical Program Manager, Alexa
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? We've already added dozens of new capabilities to Alexa since launch, including Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more. This is where hardware meets software, and innovation velocity skyrockets; a unique area where we enable amazing experiences by augmenting hardware and software capabilities with Alexa AI. But it's still day 1 – you can be part of a team that sets Sky as their Limit! We are growing extremely fast and are looking for a talented Senior Technical Program Manager, so don't waste a moment, and come and join us!
We're seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager for the Alexa Voice Service team. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers and partners, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current software and hardware technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
- 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional teams in both hardware and software engineering
- Experience managing the introduction of new technologies
- Experience developing, reporting and continually improving business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators of success
- Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Experience in communicating with internal and external technology partners and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to drive projects
- Solid foundation in new product introduction to be able to understand inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered projects
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top