Principal Technical Program Manager - Alexa
- Santa Monica, CA
Come work in a great organization on a product you (and millions of other people) use. Alexa Mobile is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager to drive our most critical area of the Alexa Mobile App. This will be leading driving the devices teams which are responsible for 95% of the usage of the App. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch with our tech teams and external devices teams. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, status, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Come join a team with a great culture. From our team charter: Work hard, have a lot of fun, and make a difference. We are a cohesive set of SDEs, QAEs, TPMs, and SDMs who are solely focused on our mission while not losing sight of the fact that we need to enjoy being here and the people we work with. We can challenge each other and disagree, but we will do it with a smile on our face through respecting, pushing, and helping each other. We are in this together and will not step on each other to get to the next level. Learning, delivering, and making an impact in the way our organization evolves is our biggest desire. We explore new and interesting technologies to solve our business problems, and we keep our focus on the long-term impact on our changes.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in mobile-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
• 4+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in cloud software services, distributed systems and/or developing large scale mobile applications
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals including external partners
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience developing and launching products that require collaboration between internal cross-functional tech teams and external partner teams.
• A strong desire to have fun while changing the world.
Back to top