Amazon's Advertising technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of advertising requests per day, all delivered in milliseconds. Our data platform processes massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business. Do you want to manage critical programs that will influence the next stage of growth and innovation in Amazon Advertising? Amazon Advertising is looking for a technology oriented leader to manage definition, execution and delivery for large cross functional advertising technology infrastructure programs.
Digital Advertising has grown significantly over the past ten years, and in the next ten years all forms of advertising will be digital. Automation in the form of programmatic buying and selling has brought advertisers and publishers together to deliver unique ad experiences to customers. The growth in online, mobile and OTT audiences has created new opportunities to innovate on new ad experiences and business models. Ad Tech has always been a challenging problem space for real-time and big data solutions massive incoming traffic (>500B bid requests/day on exchanges), stringent latency requirements and large big data workloads (1T log lines/day) impose architecture, infrastructure and cost related challenges.
We are looking for someone with passion for cloud hardware, reliability, operational excellence and platform technologies to be the single threaded leader for Hardware Management and Scaling across World Wide Ads.
In this role you will:
• Define and deliver programs with significant complexity that have broad cross-organizational, global, and technology impact
• Your work will involve partnering with Technical Experts to design the next generation of real-time Ad serving and big data infrastructure on AWS
• Consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions. You will assess risk, drive clarity, and create the correct sense of urgency for delivery
• Own the technology roadmap for broader set of systems and manage a portfolio of programs and directly lead the design, implementation and delivery of a highly complex cross-functional project in an ambiguous and/or new technology area
• Identify when a design or solution requires additional technical guidance (e.g., from senior engineers or subject matter experts). You will show excellent judgment in driving executive-level escalations and effectively partner with all levels of leadership
• Bring great customer orientation, effective engineering program management expertise, ability to simplify and solve complex technology problems, strong communication and collaboration skills
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• MS in Computer Science, Math or related field
• Knowledge of cloud compute, storage, networking infrastructure relating to building and operating distributed software systems
• AWS Certification as a Solutions Architect
• Strong influencing skills with ability to pitch recommendations to both technical and non-technical leadership.
• Ability to represent, verbally and in writing, complex decisions, tough trade-offs, and potential solutions clearly to leaders above to help them understand the decisions they have to make and what options they have.
• Experience leading cross-functional, multi-team, data-centric software development programs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.