Principal Technical Program Manager – Advertising Platform Availability
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be 100% focused on the customer, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. You are involved in defining or reviewing the systems-level technical design of your projects and balance near term business need with long term implications for Amazon. You rationalize technical requirements and business priorities in cross-functional teams. You manage cross-functional communication to ensure all business and technical stakeholder's needs are aligned.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects, and will have a well-rounded background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics that drive our business and growth aspirations. Lastly, your communication skills - both verbal and written - are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
- 10+ years Program Management experience in digital advertising, online services or related industry
- Bachelors degree
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software or hardware projects.
- Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with strong analytical skills. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
- An advanced degree in one of these fields is strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint. The candidate will have strong analytical skills, an attention to detail, good judgment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self-start and self-motivate. Understanding of customer intelligence practices, profiling/segmentation and predictive modeling is a plus.
- The candidate should be fluent in standard software, including Excel, Word, and SQL. Prior software development and program management experience is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top