Principal Technical Program Manager, Ad Forecasting
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Advertising technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of queries per day, all delivered in milliseconds. Our data platform processes massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
The Forecasting and Pricing is a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and product managers that builds end-to-end solutions that include machine learning models, large scale indexes and data visualizations. We support a wide variety of advertising programs at Amazon including Display, Video, Devices and many others. Candidates should be comfortable working at senior levels of the organization and coordinating the outcomes of multiple projects. You will partner with engineers, scientists, TPMs, and senior management to create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and a drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
In this role, you will:
• Scope out, plan and execute large scale projects.
• Drive alignments, resolve roadblocks and get through dependencies needed to progress.
• Lead cross-team initiatives, work closely with product, engineering and data science teams.
• Present status, progress, risks and team's strategy effectively and comfortable with organizational leadership and business stakeholders.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver large projects with multiple stakeholders, tight timelines and shifting priorities.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
• Ability to comfortably and confidently present to executives and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including at the executive level
• Experience in advertising domain
• Demonstrated experience in managing teams, building processes and driving complex projects to conclusion.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Self-starter with a "roll up your sleeves" mentality - no task is too small, if it helps drive our core business.
• MBA, or project management certifications a plus
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top