Principal Technical Program Manager
- Arlington, VA
You will be primarily responsible for defining and delivering the technical components of the Product Assurance, Risk and Safety (PARS)'s Document Lifecycle Initiative (DLI) with a focus on Chemical Safety and Compliance (CSC) as the initial use case. DLI will provide the future for all document storage related activity for Product Assurance, Risk and Safety (PARS) including automated validation, vetting, and data extraction n for the purposes of augmenting catalog and driving both safety and compliance related decisions. The engineering for DLI involves multiple cross- functional touch point and will involve coordinating activity across numerous tech teams. The overall strategy is defined but you will own the execution including: the technology roadmap and directly lead the development, implementation, and delivery of the DLI initiative. As the principal TPM, you will drive the business and system-level reviews, align with engineering teams, make architectural decisions, and drive adoption of the critical mechanisms necessary to ensure the program's success. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess the ability to effectively drive, influence and negotiate with data (not power). They will have demonstrated experience leading large projects with cross-functional teams having shared goals not necessarily direct authority. You should thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and shouldn't be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. As a Principal Leader you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Computer Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
• Experience in business domains such as Compliance and Safety
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience coordinating teams across multiple sites and time zones
• Experience developing and delivering on large-scale, cross-functional technical programs in support of business goals
• Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through data analysis and metrics
• Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience working with technical concepts and new ideas with technical employees and discussing trade-offs and realistic outcomes
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems, and/or developing large scale web applications
• Knowledge and relevant experience with different Agile Methodologies
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
o "Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us"
Back to top