Principal Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Buying Experience organization is responsible for the experiences and services that enable developers, including our own, to create tailored shopping experiences for every customer, product, business, and marketplace offered by Amazon. Our vision is to be the world's first and most trusted choice for every customer on earth to discover, evaluate, and purchase any product or service and love their individual buying experience. We are the worldwide product showroom for "the everything store" and our reach, impact, and portfolio investments uniquely position us to develop the systems and buying experiences that are meaningful to customers, developers and Amazon's flywheel. So if you are passionate about influencing, designing, and delivering the next-generation Amazon customer buying experience, we want to meet you.
The Amazon Buying Experience organization is looking for an innovative and customer-obsessed Principal Technical Program Manager to lead large, complex and cross-functional engineering programs spanning Amazon's worldwide shopping ecosystem. This individual must have the ability to build consensus, secure VP and Director-level commitments, negotiate positive outcomes, drive alignment across organizations, and deliver high-quality customer and developer experiences. The ideal candidate has deep, end-to-end architecture and software engineering life-cycle experience, superior analytical and verbal/written communication skills, as well as the ability to take ownership and deliver high-quality solutions on schedule.
In this role, you be responsible for:
1) analyzing customer and developer opportunities and pain points;
2) authoring compelling product and program documents (e.g., Press Release/FAQ, Customer/Developer Working Backwards, Goals, Experimentation and Launch Plans, Requirements/Use Cases, Work Breakdown Structures, Estimates, Technical Architecture/Design Documents, Service Interface Agreements, Weekly Program Updates, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews);
3) managing competing priorities as well as the end-to-end integration, delivery, and launch of customer-noticeable and data-driven changes to Amazon.com worldwide. You will be the hub in a "hub-n-spoke" organizational model responsible for maintaining efficient and effective collaborative relationships between senior leadership, brand/category/product managers, product managers, customer experience designers, principal engineers, development managers, software engineers, quality assurance/SDETs, business intelligence engineers, data scientists, and operational engineers. You will solve complex problems with simple solutions and work hard, have fun, and make history.
• 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent).
• 5+ years of software development experience in Java or C++ (or equivalent).
• Superior oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with both technical and business individuals.
• Experience managing multiple work-streams across federated systems.
• Track record of being detail-oriented with the ability to effectively force multiple, self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Experience with agile methodologies: scaled-agile framework (SAF), iterative and test-driven development, and federated development teams.
• Experience with DevOps and continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) mechanisms and technologies.
• Working knowledge of cloud-based and webdev technologies along with developer toolsets.
• Experience with the Goal, Question, Metric (GQM) paradigm for the development of business, technical, and operational metrics.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) along with experience in critical path, traceability, dependency management and risk-based assessments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top