Principal Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
Are you a hands-on technical leader capable of managing global projects in a fast moving business? Are you a technical project manager with business and financial sensibilities? Amazon's Exports and Expansion team is looking for a customer-focused, detail-oriented, and experienced Project Manager to drive critical initiatives focused on effective and efficient growth in data and infrastructure.
Amazon is the biggest E-commerce company in the world, and Amazon Exports and Expansion is building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience.The team operates very much like a startup - it moves quickly and is constantly innovating. However, you have the full resources of Amazon at your disposal, allowing you to move at even greater speed. You will find that the team works in a very agile fashion, delivering new features every few weeks, adapting to customer needs as well as delivering against long-term goals.
This role requires working closely with infrastructure, software development, and business teams to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through detailed execution and delivery. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Experience developing and delivering on project milestones
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Technical program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
• Ability to fully engage with technical teams and Operations teams
• 3+ years of experience with current web-technologies.
• A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Proficient in English
• Ability to effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs
• Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Hard Science Degree
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Prior Software Development Management experience
• Experience with distributed SOA systems
• Proficient in Mandarin Chinese
Back to top