Our team is looking for a talented and experienced Technical Program Manager to work at the intersection of Machine Learning, Data Collection, and Engineering. We work across CS Business Verticals (e.g. Digital Devices, Shipping and Delivery Services) to design and build a scalable, consistent, and accurate data collection to power ML-centric automationprograms/ products.
Specifically, you will be working cross functionally across a number of machine learning, engineering, and business teams to re-think and innovate Data Collection and ML implementation in Amazon's Customer Service product architecture. You will prioritize the order by which we build the architecture components considering both needs of the ML models and the needs of the customer. You will drive alignment on annotation schema, historical and on-line data collection, and how ML can be best applied to solve incoming customer contacts. You will evangelize the Customer Service architecture and understand other Amazon team's customer service needs to build a nimble architecture that enables data collection to support a wide range of ML models.
A successful candidate works effectively with the ML and engineering teams as their customers to identify product features, to represent technologies that have or have not been launched accurately, and to effectively communicate to engineers why a particular technology feature is useful/has value.
You will discuss how to handle the architectural differences between two technology offerings, and drive the right technology design outcomes, participate in the high ambiguity phase and assists development teams with technical trade-offs, and diagnose technical problems with a customer's engineering team and is able to manage product reliability issues with engineers.
You are an effective communicator, have demonstrated the ability to earn the trust of stakeholders across a cross-functional team of individuals, are data-driven, and have experience managing complex business and technical challenges. You are customer obsessed and not afraid to get your hands dirty navigating requirements from different business teams. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and with each other. You are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate to improve. You understand and account for the implications of your work to frontline operations.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• 3+ years of TPM experience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives both technical and non-technical.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• 5+ years of TPM experience
• High level familiarity with data mining or machine learning
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300 - 160,000 / yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us