Principal Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Who we are
The Advertising Supply & Monetization team has both technical and business ownership of global advertising placements that appear across Amazon's shopping platforms. We are tasked with maximizing the long-term value that Amazon creates across its Display Advertising business by delivering an engaging ad experience to millions of shoppers each day. The team partners closely with both retail and advertising teams and is responsible for the successful uptime of thousands of placements running billions of ad impressions across 10+ countries. Our work is seen by 100s of millions of customers across our properties, and demands rigor in solutions development with the need for continuous improvements in scale, latency and customer experience.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for defining and building a program and set of products that take advantage of large-scale, programmatic and dynamic ad supply and use this to create ad placements and products that meet a wide range of advertiser and retail needs. You will work with a team of engineers, technical program managers, and engineering managers and operate across multiple Amazon business lines including the entire Amazon Ads platform and different retail teams who own the various shopping experiences that our products integrate with to run advertising.
We are open to this job sitting in Seattle or NYC
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
• Strong technical background, preferably in software engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team
• Passionate about generating big, creative ideas to differentiate in the market, growing the business and working with advertisers and their partners to build innovative products
• Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data
• Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
• Handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
• Willing to think and act both strategically and tactically
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top