Principal Technical Program Manager
Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCP builds for scale.
As an organization within eCP, the Big Data Technologies (BDT) group is no exception. We collect petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We also support Amazon subsidiaries such as IMDB and Audible. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day, using Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Redshift, Hive, Spark and Oracle. We build scalable solutions that grow with the Amazon business.
BDT is growing, and the data processing landscape is shifting. Our data is consumed by thousands of teams across Amazon including Research Scientists, Machine Learning Specialists, Business Analysts and Data Engineers. As a Technical Program Manager you are responsible for bridging the gap between customers and technology to quickly design and deliver scalable and maintainable systems. You will also be responsible for helping establishing the team's roadmap, including making commitments to customers outside of the organization as well as mentor engineers, TPMs and other managers as an exemplary practitioner of Amazon's leadership principles. Come have a big impact by reshaping Amazon's data landscape!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science (or related program) with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability as either a lead software developer, software development manager or program manager
- Strong Customer Focus
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on projects
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top