Are you looking for a high impact role that will significantly lift Amazon's profitability? Does delivering programs which drive hundreds of millions of dollars in additional profits interest you? Are you comfortable presenting your ideas to Amazon's senior leaders? If yes, then we want to talk with you.
The vendor funding team is responsible for the toolset that enables creation, amendment, and financial execution of vendor funding agreements with robust controls to ensure financial accuracy. We enable Amazon to collect funds from vendors related to Amazon's purchase, customer sales, and marketing of their inventory, which drives Amazon's profitability.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for defining and delivering important programs with broad cross-organizational, cross-business, and significant technology impact. Your work focuses on very large engineering effort that solve significantly complex and endemic problems. You will collaborate with technical teams and business owners to deliver software solutions which enhance our vendor funding technology. Our ideal candidate has the insight ( and the analytic skills to develop these insights) and creativity to find innovative ways to act on these insights, the technical chops to translate those ideas into innovative design, and interpersonal and project management skills to harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to drive the designs into the world as products that will delight our customers.
In this role you will work closely with stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver our most complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program and/or Product Management or leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
• Proficient knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
• 3+ years experience working with cross functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions.
• Familiarity with agile methodologies.
• Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources.
• Prior experience as a Software Development Engineer preferred.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.