Do you want to be a leader in the team that takes last mile delivery in the Transportation models to the next generation? Do you have a solid analytical thinking and want to solve problems with solutions that will meet the growing worldwide need? If you have passion to learn and be curious, and want apply your programming and analytical skills to help Amazon grow, then Last Mile Delivery Service Partner (Last Mile DSP) is the team for you. We are looking for top notch TPMs to be part of our world class business software development team.
DSP (Delivery Service Partners) are medium and large sized 3rd party businesses delivering packages from amazon last mile delivery stations to the customer on behalf of Amazon. The team's global mission is to become Amazon's logistics labor capacity of choice by building the provider network required to support Amazon's growth and meet customer expectations for any deliveries, at any time of the year through scalable, innovative, and low cost operations, and in a way that both delights customers and empowers DSPs and their Delivery Associates.
We are building world class technology that powers the DSPs. The teams own suite of systems/applications/tools/services to support the DSP program through its entire life cycle from marketing-vetting-on boarding through every day operations like scheduling, driver management, fleet management, compliance enforcement, payments and value added services. We aim for the DSP program to be the backbone of Amazon's transportation arsenal that is capable of handling all delivery types with scalable, innovative, and low-cost operations all while working backward from DSP and delivery associate (DA) satisfaction.
From a technical perspective, you need to feel comfortable with design concepts. You will contribute to large scale architectural designs specific to a technical domain in the platform. You should be comfortable diving deep and understand the mechanism of multiple complex systems. You will work with program managers to define Product experience, work with engineering leaders and engineers to design and build secure, durable and scalable services.
From a program management perspective You will be influencing an organization with teams located across several countries. You will own the definition and delivery of the program, including keeping stakeholders informed with status, holding teams accountable to their deliverables, identifying and resolving blocking issues to ensure the delivery.
From people perspective you will coach and mentor other TPMs, you will also have the opportunity to participate in hiring and recruiting. As a Principal TPM your influence and contribution will likely be expected on other programs beyond your own.
This is an exciting role with a high degree of impact and also a high degree of ambiguity. You will have the opportunity to work with senior executives in Amazon Last Mile and your work will benefit a boundless set of customers all around the world.
• 10+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of internet related technical program management in software
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion with critical thinking skills for prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level
• Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• 15+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction