The Amazon Device Cloud Services organization is hiring a Principal Technical Program Manager to transformative engineering and operational excellence initiative to scale our services. We build services that enable critical customer experiences across all Amazon devices including Kindle, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Amazon Echo, Smart Devices in addition to Amazon experiences on 3rd-party devices. These services include registration, setup, over the air software updates, device analytics, cloud to device messaging, and device management services.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager on Device Cloud Services, you will independently lead broad cross-organization efforts from the early stages through release. You will be responsible for influencing organization roadmap priorities, system owners, and technical direction. You will represent difficult trade-off decisions and solutions clearly to leaders up to 3 levels above to help them understand decisions and options. You will leverage your technical knowledge to drive technical trade-off decisions. You will be able to identify when a technical solution requires additional technical guidance.
You will manage cross-functional and cross-organization communication to ensure all stakeholders are informed, and needs are aligned. You will guide the technical direction and decisions to deliver a solution that meets Amazon high standards for customer satisfaction, efficiency, stability, extensibility, simplicity, and operational excellence.
As a Principal TPM at Amazon, you will a technical and program manager expert and you will amplify your impact by educating and mentoring other Technical Program Manager around you on program management best-practices and will be actively involved mentoring more junior team members.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management in highly distributed development and business environments.
• Experience setting organization level goals, analyzing cost/benefit of large initiatives, formulating program and project charters and driving delivery across multiple business and engineering teams.
• Experience discovering the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with solutions
• Understanding of software development processes and experience shipping software on time.
• Master's Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Strong business and technical vision
• Exceptional customer relationship skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience building solutions for Consumer Devices or distributed web services
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team.
• Experience working with external technology partners and enterprise customers.
• High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.