Principal Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you someone looking to showcase your skills? How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a cross-functional team tasked with innovating the building blocks of device software? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a new role at Amazon.
Join Amazon Common Software (ACS) in Devices, which launched Feb '2020. We are growing and need strong, creative leaders, with diverse experiences, to help us build the team for a new initiative. Check ACS out here: https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices
ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Come join the ACS family!
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
• Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
• Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines and communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
• Work with subject matter experts to lead and drive new technology initiatives and evaluations for next generation Amazon products and features
• Work with component leads to drive evaluation and adoption of new vendor technologies and HW
• Work with vendors and external partners to deliver device software and firmware technologies into our products
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Master's or advanced technical degree
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets
• Experience in software product development
• Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• Demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules, including cross-functional dependency management
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//. keyword: deviceos
Back to top