Principal Technical Program Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Do you want to help drive a machine learning driven product team within Amazon? Does the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team to build a new product and be a leader on an early team excite you? We are a growing technology team building a customer facing product that is inventing new machine learning approaches to solve customer problems and leveraging sensors, big data, hardware, Alexa, and IoT to create loveable customer experiences.
Our team is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager to own and drive a cross functional program resulting in the successful launch of this product. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering a large end-to-end project. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to deliver innovative consumer products and technical solutions. Your job is to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and drive outcomes that balance the business needs with technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are also essential to success in this role.
This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control, owning of complex org wide technical initiatives, thought leadership and a high degree of independence, ownership, bias for action and are right a lot decisions. Additionally this position requires the ability to think big and facilitate longer term research that contributes to a multi-year product roadmap.
Your ability to remove ambiguity, manage dependencies, communicate effectively, and dive deep into technical details is essential. Successful candidates will be able to balance think big with realism, deliver achievable software plans, while communicating progress to executive audiences.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, versatile, and able to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and your superpower is bringing order to ambiguous scenarios. As a leader, you have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies (machine learning, hardware, software, consumer electronics), including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies, building sustainable processes, and launching customer facing products
• 4+ years' experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
• 4+ years of professional software development experience with at least one modern language
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping multiple software and consumer devices on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• PMP or Project Management Certification
• Master's in Business Administration
• Familiarity with building and deploying machine learning driven software and hardware products
Back to top