Principal Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Alexa Mobile team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to lead our Alexa Mobile Accessories developer program, multiple large projects spanning multiple internal and external partners.
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers including mobile device and mobile application developers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated leading large cross-functional and cross-organizational projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. As a P-TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
• Engage with external OEM/ODM partners and device manufacturers , internal partners from different functional teams, and external partners, e.g. Lab126 device teams, mobile app developers, architects, software engineers and project managers to capture requirements and manage timelines
• Own the planning and delivery of customer products and roadmap as pertaining to enablement of Alexa on Mobile
• Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer , customer , and time to market.
• Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
• Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
• Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline
• 10 + years of in technical program management of OEM devices, IoT or embedded devices, or mobile platform (iOS/Android) industry.
• 5+ years of leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
• Experience coordinating cross functional and cross organizational teams in both hardware and software engineering
• Experience with technical partner management handling device manufacturers, software vendors, or chipset vendors.
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• An advanced technical degree or MBA
• Technical knowledge and expertise with hardware and software products relying on Bluetooth/BLE protocols in the wireless (WiFi/Bluetooth), embedded computing, IoT, voice processing and web services fields. • Knowledge of Mobile ecosystem, Android, OEMs, Certification process and SDK distribution, with speech-related hardware systems
• Expertise in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
• Ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• An ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
• Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Previous work as a software developer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top