Are you interested in building next generation services that will re-define international trade at Amazon? Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase global merchandise? Amazon Exports and Expansion is building new services responsible for enhancing the international shopping experience. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We are looking for experienced hands-on Principal TPM to solve complex problems and support a team as they deliver innovative technology solutions.
As a Principal TPM, you will lead and work with a talented team to innovate and deliver business and software solutions. Your ability to define and develop high scalable and high performance web services is essential. You will have opportunities to work on both frontend (Website) and backend (Services) and interact with business stakeholders directly. In addition, successful candidates will be able to lead by example, balance development responsibilities while participating in cross team efforts including architecture planning.
To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable gathering requirements across the many retail systems, creating and maintaining technical project plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities involved. If this sounds like you, let's talk more!
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 7+ years of relevant experience.
• 5+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
• Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Proven ability to influence senior leadership (Director, VP) level
• Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
• Resourceful - able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
• Solid understanding of developer tools and cloud technologies
• Experience working on frameworks or platforms consumed by a large developer audience
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.