Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of streaming Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content and engaged with the top professional sports leagues around the world like the NFL and the Premier League to deliver compelling live content to Prime members. The Prime Video team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to own and drive delivery for high-impact programs in the Prime Video Catalog team to help users worldwide to enjoy live events, movies and TV shows on mobile devices, living room devices, and the web. The Prime Video Catalog contains thousands of titles, including new and popular titles as well as long-tail and self-published content. It enables PV customers all around the world to discover, purchase, and consume content in all languages worldwide. The team is committed to delivering the highest quality customer experience, from massive selection and intuitive shopping to online and living room viewing experiences.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing Prime Video Global Supply Chain Operational Excellence programs. Your role will include: the operation, planning, and verification of global availability of catalog, scale and performance; and, delivering projects that strengthen supply chain platform security and improving scale at the same time. As part of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across many groups within and outside Prime Video while getting deep insights into our entire business.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: significant experience developing Internet-scale consumer services, strong technical judgment, exceptional attention to detail, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a deep motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Drive improvement projects that span both domestic and international development teams within Amazon
• Collaborate with senior engineering managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical and operational design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers without sacrificing the long-term
• Design, refine and reduce the ongoing costs of operational processes
• Contribute to platform capacity planning, verification exercises, and budgeting
• Manage platform security reviews, remediation and verification
• Report on status of platform scalability and security to executive management and act quickly and decisively to resolve customer-impacting issues
• Be a guardian of top notch customer experience with video for your deliverables: continually raise the bar on business analysis and technical documentation, availability and scale improvements, learn and deploy best OE practices at Amazon, engage with other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
Position may require travel up to 20% of the time. (Some travel will be international.)
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
• 7-10 years of experience as an Engineer, Development Manager or Technical Program Manager
• Strong technical credentials, with at least 5+ years of experience managing technical and operations teams
• Proven experience building and operating high-performance, fault-tolerant, distributed computing services that scale with minimal operational load
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences and a strong track record of delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives
• Proven experience driving handling improvements to information security.
• Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
• Ability to build relationships, and influence other teams to meet goals
• Very innovative individual with excellent bias for action
• Track record of complex and creative problem solving, relationship management, and the desire to create and build new processes
• Ability to work on diverse teams
• Prior experience with ITIL and Six Sigma
• Experience with streaming video and knowledge of the end-to-end digital media pipeline
• Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, manage multiple software development efforts, drive rigorous testing, and coordinate product launch.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience analyzing user experience design and developing high profile customer facing products with intricate customer experience workflows.
• Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies
• Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.