Principal Technical Program Manager
- Bangalore, India
Amazon is seeking experienced professionals interested in infusing customer obsession into the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. Qualified candidates will bring their technical expertise and have the ability to directly impact the building of new tools, services, and distribution structures across Amazon's growing footprint. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets. We are a team of great engineers and tech leaders who are on a mission to build an Amazon scale solution using cutting edge technologies. Come join us, to have fun and make history!
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for cross collaboration of large scale projects for PARS. You will be responsible for defining tech strategy across multiple tech team. You will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary leaders to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You will be comfortable working through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces to deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, will demonstrate experience leading large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership
• 10+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Deep knowledge of distributed systems, asynchronous architectures.
• Master's or advanced technical degree
• Experience with large scale software development (Application, Services, Cloud)
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams, and demonstrate success in shipping of products on time.
• Previous software development experience is a plus
Back to top