"Alexa, how many HDMI ports did that 4K TV I was looking at have?" Want to re-invent the way customers shop on Alexa? Come join our team! We are seeking a Principal TPM to help us build new conversational shopping experiences on Alexa.
Our goal in Alexa Shopping is to build a product that millions of customers love to use every day across Alexa-enabled devices. Alexa creates convenient time savers for busy customers and their families by making it easy to capture their in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on-the-go and at work and organizing them so they can complete their shopping more quickly wherever they prefer: local retailers, Whole Foods stores, farmer's markets, and on-line at Amazon.
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to lead book discovery and conversational shopping experiences on Alexa. This will be an exciting career for you if you possess a high-level of autonomy and integrity while managing a variety of job responsibilities. A successful candidate will be both analytical, technical and resourceful. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results.
In this role you will:
• Manage projects across cross-functional teams, including Alexa AI Audible and Amazon Books teams and building repeatable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Manage strategic organizational planning, such as long-term vision and 6-to-12-month planning.
• Lead the development of reporting, insights and operational metrics self-service tools and apply judgement to turn this data into insightful recommendations for the business.
• Monitor project execution and ensuring that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with its target date.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience in product/program management with advanced and/or emerging technologies
• Experience working directly with machine learning technologies, statistical systems or big data platforms
• Comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated by a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale cloud solutions
• Experience driving large scale cost & efficiency programs implementing technical solutions to business problems
• Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies