Principal Technical Program Manager
- Sydney, Australia
Shopbop is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead Shopbop's largest and most ambiguous programs, influence overall technical vision, and guide organization-wide roadmaps and allocation of resources.
As a Principal TPM for Shopbop, you will own technical programs and cross-functional initiatives. You will operate as a solutions architect and a program manager, diving deep to connect technical and non-technical teams. You will create alignment through crisp, clear written and verbal communication that is consumable by engineers, business partners, and VPs/Directors.
You will obsess over and innovate for customers; working independently or with business partners to define requirements for new projects and drive them to completion. You will work with world-class engineers at Shopbop and other Amazon teams to design long-term solutions that delight customers and solve hard business problems. You will use data, customer anecdotes, and your own technical/business judgement to expedite decision making, manage risks, communicate and resolve issues, make technical or business trade-offs, and drive projects to completion. You will help Shopbop see around corners, ensuring the right people/partners are involved and the right organizational structure is in place to facilitate long-term success. Your actions will be felt by Shopbop customers around the world across app, website, and fulfillment experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a software development background, excellent verbal and written communication, and superb project management skills. They will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading large programs end-to-end. They will own team efforts to coordinate and unify road maps and technical direction across multiple complex systems. They will also identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, and drive the long term strategy. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
About Shopbop: Shopbop is the daily destination for inspiring fashion worldwide. Based out of Madison, WI and New York, New York, Shopbop technical teams delivers solutions to global, fashion-minded customers. As an Amazon subsidiary, our teams learn from and contribute to one of the strongest technology groups in the world.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• 10+ years of professional experience in Technical Program Management
• Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details to both senior leaders and software developers both verbally and in-writing.
• Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical partners
• General knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Sound business judgement
• 5+ years of prior experience working as a software developer or architect
• Experience in e-commerce industry
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and object-oriented design
• Experience working with geographically dispersed development teams
Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top