Location: Phoenix or Seattle
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
Are you obsessed with building world class experiences that delight customers?
Are you intrigued by solving complex problems with differentiating solutions?
If you answered yes, you are who we are looking for as our Principal Technical Program Manager!
Join us on our mission to recruit all the Brands and Sellers in the world to start selling on Amazon, while empowering them to grow their business and provide a great customer experience. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com and empowers millions of entrepreneurs (whom we refer to as selling partners) WW. To drive this unprecedented scale, our entrepreneurial team of sales reps, account managers, product managers, data scientists, and software engineers continuously invent new ways to scale and raise the bar for our selling partners through automation.
In this role, the Technical Program Manager (you!) will work closely with stakeholders, software engineers and product teams across Amazon to deeply understand the recruitment and onboarding experience and drive improvement across the entire seller pipeline. You will be responsible for diving deep into seller experience metrics, understanding seller pain points and holding teams across the company to the highest standards. We are looking for a critical thinker who thrives on solving challenges in partnership with teams across Amazon. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and display high levels of bias for action and ownership.
We're looking for a proven candidate who can help lead this experience to the next level: shaping the road-map, defining the platform that allows many teams to innovate quickly, and integrating these efforts into a coherent product.
Our ideal candidate has great insight into our customers (and the analytic skills to develop these insights), the vision and creativity to find innovative ways to act on these insights, the technical chops to translate those ideas into innovative design, and interpersonal and project management skills to harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to drive the designs into the world as products that will delight our customers.
There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of e-commerce. If you're up to the challenge, we'd love to talk to you. Come join us in taking the innovation in our sellers business and technology to the next level! Sellers worldwide on Amazon are collectively responsible for selling more than 1/2 of the physical goods ordered on Amazon, and we continue to experience dynamic growth year-over-year.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• 5+ years of coding experience in Java, C, C++, Python, and/or Perl
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
• Experience working with a cross-functional team across design, marketing, sales, and engineering team to meet goals.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• 10+ years as a Software Technical Program Manager (TPM)
• Proven track record of effectively working with and growing geo-distributed partner teams
• Superior ability to interact and collaborate with high quality, highly technical, multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to deliver in scope and on time.