Alexa , the speech processing and personal assistant technology behind Amazon Echo, is seeking a technical program manager for our Data Curation Services organization, based out of Amazon's state-of-the-art Kendall Square/Cambridge, Massachusetts Development Center.
At Alexa's Secure AI Foundations Data Platform (SAIF Data), we build the data services that enable the fast, secure, and massive scale ML that delivers delightful Alexa interactions to users.
The SAIF Data Curation Services organization makes that data reliable and available to Alexa data scientists with features, signals, and transformations pre-computed and delivered in near real-time, helping to make Alexa the world's fastest developing and most engaging voice assistant. As a member of the DCS org, you will be responsible for building massive scale platform services and features that provide ML-ready data to Modelers, Data Scientists, and Engineers that allow them to move fast, with enhanced insight into the data. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the Scientists, tools, and processes that power Alexa. You will build the services that understand Scientists data needs, surface data meaning, perform large scale computations, and deliver data for experimentation, training, and near real-time personalization.
In the SAIF Data organization, you will work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment across all stages of an agile development lifecycle, including architecture design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will build services using AWS at huge scale found nowhere else. Your efforts will support the successful and well-loved Alexa powered products. Our combination of challenging technical problems, critical services, and a quickly growing organization will provide you with unique opportunities for career growth.
What you'll be doing:
Define, drive, and deliver critical, large scale, high quality, and operable data enabling services that satisfy and delight the Alexa community and have a substantive impact on the Alexa business.
Independently manage and deliver programs and projects where strategy or technical solutions may not yet be defined.
Directly influence roadmap priorities, features, and engineering process working across the broader Alexa organization.
Define program requirements and help engineering teams meet goals, accelerating progress by driving timely decisions, clearing blockers, and making trade offs.
Drive detailed business and technical discussions and alignment through meetings and clear, concise written communication.
Communicate status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leaders throughout Alexa.
Understand design approaches to identify and mitigate risks, asking the right technical questions to ensure the right trade-offs are made.
Improve engineering processes within and across teams to improve the team's efficiency and delivery.
Build relationships with your customers, partner teams, and the engineers on your team.
Your background and who you are:
You have experience reliably delivering high-quality, distributed, testable, and scalable . You are driven by delivering value to your customer.
You love to work with teams that are always raising the bar. You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.
You enjoy the challenges of highly technical problems that you define and solve in real time.
You believe that there are multiple ways to solve a problem, each with different trade-offs. You don't typically think in terms of the "right" or "wrong" way to do something, but rather the most effective path given the current constraints.
You are excited by the technical challenges of large scale service development from architectural design, to implementation, to operations.
You put yourself into your customer's shoes and immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how to serve them better.
You've made mistakes in the past, have learned a lot from them, and apply these learnings regularly.
* You want to have an impact on a hugely successful and growing product that improves people's lives.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 10+ years of industry experience.
• Excellence in both written and verbal technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Experience leading projects and teams, building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, Objective C, C++
• MS in Computer Science
• Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Industry experience defining and delivering large data and/or ML services.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Alexa Echo, Internet of Things, IoT, AWS, Java, Java, Java, C++, C++, C, cloud, cloud, machine learning, machine learning, ML, speech recognition, speech recognition, distributed systems, distributed, big data, big data, computer vision, CV, NLU, natural language understanding, automatic speech recognition, ASR, AWS, Amazon Web Services, large scale distributed systems, Boston jobs at Amazon, Boston Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, Kendall Square, software development engineer, senior software engineer,