Principal Technical Program Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
At Amazon, devices are designed to be a fully integrated end to end media service. When Kindle was introduced in 2007, as a device and service together, it became synonymous with digital reading. More than 10 years later, the team continues to evolve the reading experience for Kindle customers. Our teams are revolutionizing how people access content through e-readers, Alexa, tablets and FireTV. We are global and support the full device portfolio including Blink Cameras and Ring Doorbells. Join us to help solve connectivity, scalability and device distribution at Amazon scale.
Do you have a passion for devices? Do you have proven leadership, analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM). In this role you will will work closely with customers, your peers, leadership, and a dedicated engineering team to build next generation supply chain and manufacturing systems. You will work backwards from the customer experience, identify new opportunities, driving the vision for Devices Supply-Chain Technologies.
Our ideal candidate is excited about technologies and services within the real-time data streaming space. You're naturally customer-centric working backwards from their needs, and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and exemplary communication skills. The right candidate will bring a mix of experience with software engineering, program management skill set and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Proven stakeholder management and alignment skills.
• Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
• Clear, concise, accurate communication (both verbal and written with audiences of varying technical abilities and business contexts).
• A strong data-driven mentality and prioritization framework, to ensure focus on the highest impact work.
• Able to dive deeply into both technical details and business needs.
• Experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• • Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environment
• Experience delivering results at the executive level
• Experience in Consumer Electronics
• Experience in Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top