Principal, Technical Program Management
Are you passionate about Alexa? Come and help bring her to many more millions of customers! We have the unique opportunity and challenge to to build the Alexa experience for customers in the US, UK, and Germany. We are looking for a Principal TPM with a strong product sense, an ability to innovate and a passion for serving our global customers.
You will be joining a nascent group that is responsible for bringing Alexa to millions of customers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a large scale program at a very early stage. In order to meet our aggressive speed-to-market goals, we will need to define a new customer experience and product vision and disrupt the way things have been done in the past.
As a Principal Technical Program Management, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will define the plan and road map. You will then own a large-scale program end-to-end, ensuring that we build the right features and deliver on time to delight our customers.
This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features and products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon.com. The role requires a strong ability to Invent and Simplify. You will leverage your deep technical expertise, strong problem-solving skills and excellent leadership skills to come up with new ways to get things done at scale. As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role. Experience delivering consumer products and services in a high growth environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management in a software applications environment
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules on a global scale
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Experience in taking complex products global
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top