Principal Technical Product Manager , Simple Email Service
- Dublin, Ireland
Are you passionate about digital customer engagement industry? Join the AWS Simple Email Service (SES) team to build large-scale application for app developers and enterprises to engage their users. We are ramping up the team to build out richer and more engaging interactions and experiences. This is a unique opportunity to work with technologies at the bleeding edge and lead a high-performing team that is working to change the email industry by ramping up cutting-edge features and technologies developers.
AWS SES Team is recruiting a Principal Tech Product Manager who will be responsible for leading the SES product development in Dublin. Amazon SES is part of AWS offering and is a highly-scalable service designed to enable businesses to run targeted campaigns to drive user engagement through email. You will work with customers and other technology leaders at Amazon to help translate strategic business needs into features and projects, and then work with your team to deliver those features and projects more quickly than many other people may think is possible. Successful candidates will be equally adept at driving internal teams to deliver on the roadmap as well as delivering a talk in front of hundreds of technology peers at yearly Amazon Web Services (AWS) conference, re:Invent.
As a Principal Product Manager on our team, you will have the chance to build world class email infrastructure for AWS customers. We are looking for candidates who thrive in "Invent and Simplify" to bring SES to larger customer base.
In this role, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds great value to our customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the team, and you will develop and maintain product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, UX design, marketing, support operations, finance and executive teams to bring a consumer product to the market and develop and grow a new business opportunity for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a start-up like environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications that customers love.
• Develop product strategy vision and roadmaps, and developing short, medium and long-term features to achieve the vision
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver product to market
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Work with team leadership to understand the customer and their needs and concerns as well as define solutions
• Support project lead in efficient and effective program implementation
• Champion and gain buy-in for the strategy and roadmap from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation that effectively influences peers and senior management
• Develop user experience goals, stories and requirements that will be used to drive product specifications
• 10+ years of Product Management experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, design or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Experience launching Enterprise products
Must have done pricing for Enterprise products
• Experience working cross functionally (design, engineering, usability, content development)
• Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Experience working with diverse groups of people to manage and influence change
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with web services, and enterprise management tools
• MBA or Master's degree in a technical field
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
• Experience driving and working on marketing and communication software
• Experience delivering Enterprise products and services in a high growth environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
Back to top