Principal Technical Product Manager - Experiences and Devices
Interested in Amazon Echo? Are you interested in joining the team behind Amazon's newest innovation? Come work on it. We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will help define and build digital products and features that are integrated with Amazon's retail and digital services. You will participate in developing the product strategy and roadmap for the group. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features and products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon.com. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Lead product definition supported by crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in mass market consumer electronics / software / wireless / mobile product management
- 5+ years experience shipping consumer electronics products that involve hardware and software.
- 7+ years experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- MBA or Master's degree
- Passion for digital media and the mobile space
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top