Principal Technical Product Manager
- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Web Services is looking for a seasoned product leader to help us define and build the future of computing for our Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and EC2 Networking teams. This team delivers high performance software defined networking "in the cloud" with diverse customers ranging from startups to well-known enterprises. As a member of the EC2 team, you'll join other outstanding product and engineering leaders to create the future of cloud networking.
We are looking for a broad and deep leader who will drive product management across a range of network offerings. You will have strong ownership over adoption, feature prioritization, product definition, messaging, pricing, customer interaction, sales enablement, and team development. Working closely with and across agile teams, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS and Amazon.com leadership. Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is deeply passionate about building great teams that deliver the highest quality services. You're naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills.
• BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 10+ years of software product management experience
• Have experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
• Be a strong leader who can prioritize well, and who understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, opinionated team
• Have a strong track record of achieving the balance between innovation and strong customer and quality focus
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Passion for great customer experience and API usability
• Strong knowledge of networking concepts and AWS VPC features
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• An MBA and/or a degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer is a huge plus
• Possess industry experience in Networking
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top