Principal Technical Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to work on one of the world's largest distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or one who likes to build products which impact every business of company, Amazon's eCommerce Data Storage team is the place for you.
We are looking for a product leader with genuine curiosity that that has experience managing large-scale global products, has a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and features for existing and new systems. You will have experience creating the product vision and roadmap for products and a proven ability to develop strategic vision based on rigorous analytics. In addition to defining, developing, and driving the roadmap and three-year plan for storage system capabilities for retail businesses, they will also be responsible for leading new product ideation and development to have an impact on every business of Amazon retail. The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will identify patterns of customer changes which impact our services, and solve complicated problems with elegant, simple and extensible solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, and will work with business customers and experts to identify and prioritize needs, able to effectively influence up and across the organization, have a consistent track record of delivering results by applying and utilizing business insights and analytics.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
• Driving product direction for storage solutions and services which enables our teams to 'see around the corner' and anticipate storage needs.
• Developing actionable insights that relentlessly provide a better experience to our business teams
• Researching industry advancements in storage technologies and making recommendations for adoption
• Establishing and leading portfolios and solutions across multiple teams
• Mining and analyzing data for metrics and decision support
• Developing new insights and tools to understand the intent of the customer, drive understand of customer intent and create 3-5 year roadmaps
• Working with engineering managers to develop product and service roadmaps
Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
Exhibits excellent judgment
Hires and develops great people
Has relentlessly high standards (is not satisfied with the status quo)
Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Strong results Orientation
• 15+ years of professional software development experience
• 10+ years of experience running large scale systems and contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top