Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with foundational web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost effectively. AWS Identity teams are building secure identity, authentication, authorization, resource management, and governance systems for the AWS Cloud. Our products provide the core authentication and authorization technologies used to access all AWS services (such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon DynamoDB) and help customers meet their security requirements.
As a principal product manager, you will drive our strategy, product roadmap, and outbound messaging for products that allow companies to centrally manage identities and access for their workforce as well as access to cloud applications and their AWS environment. You will have end-to-end product responsibility from working with key customers (both external and internal) to delivering revolutionary new features and functionality to defining pricing and marketing strategies.
The successful candidate will form a strategy that gets to the core of what customers value, set priorities that move that strategy forward, and exert influence to align your diverse stakeholders. You'll work closely with technical team members to identify and prioritize investments to enable rapid innovation, scale, and performance for our customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Hybrid Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule if located near one of our Amazon offices.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 8+ years product management and/or business leadership experience in a technology context
• Proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
• Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Experience operating in a global environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us