AWS is hiring a Principal Technical Product Manager to help lead a suite of services that streamline software development. The suite currently includes AWS CodeArtifact, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline. We are building these services from the ground up with a cloud-centric architecture to transform how developers write, build, and deploy applications. You will rethink the development process, and invent new tools for a new breed of developer.
If you're passionate about great developer experiences and want to dive deep into cloud computing, this is an excellent opportunity to do both. You will work directly with our large-scale customers and internally with different AWS teams to create developer tool solutions that are vital to their business. You can play an important role in helping developers increase their productivity and get the most out of the AWS cloud.
The key responsibilities for this position are to:
• Lead the definition and delivery of services and tools that help developers build cloud applications.
• Identify new product opportunities and write their business proposals.
• Drive the coordination and clear communication of a multi-product roadmap, working across multiple groups.
• Work with engineering and design teams to define fast-paced, but realistic schedules.
• Create the pricing, product positioning, and go-to-market plans.
• Enable the sales team with product training and collateral.
• Create and drive a community engagement plan.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• 7+ years experience leading cross-functional software projects.
• 5+ years experience developing software and working with application lifecycle management tools.
• 2+ years experience creating developer-focused products, such as SDKs, tools, or platforms.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep to understand the customer, product, and business.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science or engineering.
• MBA is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.