Principal Technical Product Manager - Amazon Transportation Services
- Minneapolis, MN
This role can sit in the following locations: Atlanta, GA, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN or Seattle, WA
Be a part of the magic behind Amazon's ability to deliver at unprecedented speed.
The Middle Mile Technology organization provides products and technology that powers a vast global network of carriers and drivers, moving goods between facilities in a sophisticated ballet of predictive planning, intelligent automation and user-friendly mobile and web apps. This is a high-profile leadership role owning the strategy and roadmap for our driver-facing products, building mobile experiences and technology to help drivers perform their work safely and efficiently. It requires an aptitude for working with cutting-edge technology and a passion for finding creative solutions to delight our customers. This role calls for excellent judgement honed by practical experience, and the organizational skills to lead the product through change, evolution, and sustained growth.
As an ideal candidate, you will need an extensive background in technology product management, demonstrated leadership of high-impact strategic initiatives, and experience in launch and evolution of high-scale mobile apps. You possess the ability to synthesize customer pain points, craft product vision and roadmaps, develop requirements and manage all aspects of execution. This requires rapid learning in new domain areas, understanding integration between products and systems, technical skillsets in analyzing data to make product decisions. This role offers an opportunity to play a prominent role in leading efforts that make a difference to our customers, while improving our efficiency and cost structure. This role is inherently cross-functional-you will work closely with engineering, business, operations, finance and executive teams to bring products to market. This job will require exceptional communication skills and having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment with all levels of leadership, and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex challenges, communicating persuasively and with a strong bias to get things done and deliver results.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering or Business discipline from an accredited university
• Minimum of ten (10) years work experience with six (6) years in product management of software products
• Proven experience leading products from concept to launch in high-scale contexts
• Hands-on competency at developing requirements, managing backlogs, execution plans and other SDLC elements
• Experience building business cases for products and features, and analyzing performance
• Experience in market research, competitive analysis, SWOT to help frame strategic outlook
• Strong written communications skills
• Skilled at representing product interests to senior leadership
• Master's Degree in Science, Engineering, Marketing, MBA or similar field from an accredited university
• Experience with GPS/Navigation tech, automotive-tech or ML-driven products
• Experience with logistics, transportation or supply chain management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top