Are you interested in defining and building out a cloud-scale log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast paced startup style environment?
Amazon OpenSearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale OpenSearch and open source Elasticsearch clusters for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon OpenSearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers OpenSearch/Elasticsearch's easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The Amazon OpenSearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
As a product management leader, you will part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
• Responsible for defining product features and releases
• Work directly with engineering to build exceptional products
• Lead development of long-term product and business strategy and goals with AWS leadership
• Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time
• Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups
• Work directly open source community users, contributors and partners to shape the future direction of the initiative
• Contribute to Amazon's growth by working directly with our customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• MBA or Advanced Degree in CS or related field
• 7+ years of Product Management or product leadership experience
• 5+ years of PM experience with databases or search related technologies
• 5+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure
• Experience working with open source communities a big plus
• Experience with distributed systems and log analytics a big plus
• Experience with machine learning in analytical systems a big plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us