Principal Technical Product Management
- Seattle, WA
AWS is looking for a Principal Product Manager to join an ambitious new undertaking. You will lead the entire product development cycle including soliciting customer feedback, planning, design, prototyping, launching, and managing operations.
The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting strategies for delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirements to AWS customers. As a principal product manager, you will be part of the larger product leadership community at AWS. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire a talented team and ultimately enables us to rapidly deliver innovative solutions to our customers.
Candidates should have deep experience working in building scalable, secure and compliant services for our customers. Candidates must have great communication skills and be technical, with the ability to dive deep with AWS customers and partners at any level, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, experience building solutions for customers and partners, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry-wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Your responsibilities will include
• Lead Product Definition - Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including business strategy, customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
• Define Product Vision - Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
• Execution of Product Planning and Development - Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
• Lead Product Launch - Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
• Lead Operations - Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
• Lead interaction with Technical Team - Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
• Lead and mentor technical product managers
• Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate product vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years working in product management or related fields
• 5+ years' experience delivering technology products and services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
• 5+ years' experience working on agile development teams
• PhD in science or computer science
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience working in regulated industries
• Experience in customer facing roles working with large enterprises, startups, and ISVs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top