Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) is seeking experienced professionals interested in infusing customer obsession into the way products are bought and distributed on a global scale. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets.
Are you excited by the prospect of working on the team that creates all the purchase orders for the Amazon retail business that is literally worth hundreds of billions of dollars a year? Will the idea of shaping and building a new pre-ordering system appeal to your interest and creativity?
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to join the Core Sourcing team and oversee critical services along with internal and external facing UI applications. This is an amazing opportunity to have a direct impact on every retail product sold by Amazon globally. Our software is used by every country Amazon services, and is a critical link to ensuring the products our customers want are available when they need them.
You will work with a focused team of engineers, engineering managers, senior engineers, BI engineers, and data scientists across teams to understand detailed business requirements, participate in the execution and delivery of various initiatives and projects. It is a unique opportunity to work on both a long-standing mission critical system as well as a newly built greenfield system in one of the most critical areas of Amazon's supply chain.
You should be comfortable deep diving into design and details of the systems and programs you help drive. You should have a strong sense on business and product requirements combined with great communicate skills. You can quickly identify solutions to challenges, and be ready to discuss and advocate for the best possible customer experience.
• As the Principal TPM, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
• You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions.
• The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
• You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
• As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
• Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 3+ years overall technical/product development experience.
• Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
• Write high quality documentation
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify issues
• Some knowledge in scripting and database query languages
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development