Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customer of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS?
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
At AWS Enterprise Support we're looking for a Principal Technical Account Manager to support our customers' creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Data Analytics, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and 'voice of the customer' to large Fortune 500 and multi-national organizations.
As a Principal Technical Account Manager, you will directly influence how our largest and/or most strategic Enterprise customers use AWS. You will help executives embrace agility and deliver high impact transformation. You will interface with enterprise architects to understand business drivers and assess application portfolios ensuring that cloud solutions are highly scalable, flexible and resilient. You will serve as an advocate for your customer and help shape the future roadmap of AWS services. This position will require the ability to travel 20% or more as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute on an operational support strategy that helps our customers continue to grow and be successful on the AWS platform
• Explain transformational concepts to executive decision makers and influence their technology strategy
• Mentor and role model for your colleagues
• Keep your technical skills honed and develop new ones, to make strong contributions in the technology community
• Develop a passion for educating, training and enabling cloud solutions experts for a challenging set of customers and circumstances
• Build an understanding of enterprise technology adoption
• Possess exceptional customer focus and a bias for action; you must work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust while communicating a bold direction that inspires results
• Exhibit a passion for operational excellence by solving customer issues while teaching customers to optimize business impact
The Principal TAM is the quintessential centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support Customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
• 10+ years of technical engineering experience
• Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for five (5) of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
• 3+ years of hands-on professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS at scale
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 10 years of equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of customer facing experience leading IT transformation
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
• 10+ years of technical engineering experience
• 3+ years leading large technology projects with multiple contributors over many months
• Experience presenting and influencing technology strategy with executives through developers
• Experience managing large scale environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
• Experience working as a technical leader that has personally brought material change to an organization
• Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
• Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on cloud offerings other than AWS
• Experience in information security and risk management including compliance, authentication, federation, encryption, and network security
• Written communication skills including publicly available white papers or other documents
• AWS knowledge and experience managing support and operations for customers that have top line revenue impact on a business
• Advanced Degree (MS, PhD)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs./en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.