Principal, Talent Development
What technical and leadership skills are most critical for new Fulfillment Center General Managers to effectively lead their site, and how do we support managers in developing those skills? Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for a leadership development and/or operations leader to help us develop solutions that answer this question. This role is an opportunity to partner with senior leaders in Customer Fulfillment and own a large scale, global solution from end-to-end, including analysis, program design, development, delivery, evaluation and everything in-between.
We are looking for an operations or learning professional who has the ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyze issues and influence solutions/outcomes. This individual must be self-driven and have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders and multiple stakeholders. A strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, influencing skills, strategic thinking and planning/project management skills are critical for this role. This individual must thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment with changing priorities.
Key areas of responsibility:
- End-to-end ownership of GM Academy development program intended to develop technical and leadership skills for new Fulfillment Center GMs.
- Provide thought leadership on best methods to develop leaders.
- Produce White Papers and written reports that analyze and interpret assessment findings.
- Design innovative and transformative learning programs and experiences.
- Manage the development of programs in partnership with operations and broader learning team.
- Develop and execute evaluation strategies for programs.
- Partner with a stakeholder group of Directors and VPs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Experience in assessing performance gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing customer-centric solutions, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning programs.
- Experienced in analytics, including qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience in engaging multiple stakeholders and driving to alignment and action.
- Experience in planning and managing large, cross-functional efforts.
- Experience in project and program management
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years Operations Management or Leadership Development experience with increasing responsibility of scope.
- Able to Travel up to 30%
- Disciplined self-starter; resourceful and able to prioritize (and re-prioritize) in a fast-paced environment with shifting objectives.
- Ability to communicate with and influence senior leaders
- Skilled collaborating as part of a team and also working independently to deliver results.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment.
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field
- Experience using learning development and evaluation methodologies
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top