Principal Strategy Manager - Original Series
- Culver City, CA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Content Strategy team is seeking a Principal Strategy Manager to join our Los Angeles-based group. This team is responsible for guiding Prime Video's content selection plans, including guiding capital allocation decisions across the portfolio. The Content Strategy team works closely with senior leaders across creative development, content acquisition, finance, business affairs, marketing and production, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization. The Principal Manager role will be an essential member of the team, with broad analytical and strategic responsibilities.
• Formulate top-down content strategy recommendations, including how we should size and allocate our content budget
• Identify deep, actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our customers, globally
• Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
• Forecast and monitor content performance, track progress, and understand sources of variance
• Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward content offering
• 4 year degree in a relevant field
• 6+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or strategy/business development at a major media or technology company
• Experience using complex modeling and analysis to inform key business decisions. Candidates must be highly proficient in excel
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Excellent analytical capabilities
• Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top