Principal Strategy Development - Data Center Colocation
- London, United Kingdom
The Amazon Web Services Infrastructure Global Expansion Edge team is looking for a Business Developer to work with teams across the organization to help manage EMEA colocation expansion. This person will need to be a strong communicator that can work independently within a team setting in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated; analytical; possess a strong sense of ownership; have exceptional organizational skills, high integrity and accountability; and have a passion for process improvement. This position involves direct contact with business owners and external parties; you must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate effectively with people at every level, including senior management.
• Analyze and organize communications around contractual gap analysis in colocation contracts
• Manage remediation transactions: validate stakeholder inputs, engage with vendors with guidance from Technical Business Developers, prepare business cases for leader approval, and drive contract execution with legal partners
• Track and manage individual gap remediation projects to approval and handover to operational teams for implementation
• Manage data center agreements with third party suppliers, including supporting contract transactions; generating and processing service orders; vendor communications; obtaining internal financial, technical, and legal approvals.
• Manage a global portfolio of commercial agreements for critical data center infrastructure.
• Lead development and implementation of process improvements to increase process automation and scalability in order to support a rapidly growing business.
• Gather and own maintenance of various data to ensure high data integrity. These data will often be from disparate, ambiguous, or difficult sources.
• Develop metrics and analyze trends for key takeaways to achieve business objectives and reduce operating costs.
• Support continual process improvement initiatives with accurate and meaningful data.
• BS/BA degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting, Computer Science, or related experience
• 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, finance operations, procurement, project management, asset management, accounting, accounts payable and/or lease management
• Experience working with cross-organizational teams in an international organization
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, finance operations, procurement, project management, asset management, accounting, accounts payable, contracts management and/or lease management
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
• Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a complex, ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Demonstrable ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Demonstrable knowledge of finance and economics principals
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable presenting and interfacing with senior leadership
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to site visits and team meetings
• Proven experience of delivering Lean/Six Sigma projects such as Kaizens, Greenbelts, and continuous improvement initiatives, this should include needs assessment, business case creation, scope definition, project planning and project implementation
• Exceptional project management skills with capacity to manage a large number competing priorities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide big picture insights from highly granular data
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills necessary to build effective working relationships and positively influence decision making
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top