Principal Strategy & Corporate Business Development
- Bangalore, India
Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL) is seeking a highly talented individual to join the AWS Strategy and Business Development team in India. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that works across AISPL's various businesses to build strategic partnerships. As a Principal SBD manager you will be responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of AISPL's most complex and high impact partnership activities while having a strong technical aptitude to identify best in class partnerships for Amazon Web Services (AWS). This includes managing relationships and negotiations for partnership deals which are unconventional in nature and need a centralised advocate for AISPL.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. This role provides a very unique opportunity to work across multiple and diverse cross amazon businesses and identify synergies and surface relevant opportunities to the key AWS customers in India.
We dive deep and provide thoughtful technical analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Identifying and executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, technical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and our AWS growth. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job. SBD is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon's businesses.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships in India that can involve marketing, content, commerce, and technology components.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships in India.
• Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships to ensure better CX and compliance with global AWS standards, practices and policies.
• Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities in India.
• Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon's business teams on a global basis.
• Extensive experience in technology business development, product management, investment banking, or venture investing experience in a corporate or financial services environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or proven technical acumen
• End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large scale marketing deals, complex digital media transactions, and strategic technology relationships.
• Competency with internet, mobile and cloud technologies.
• MBA from a top-tier institute with minimum 12 years' experience in strategic corporate business development, partnership kind of roles.
• Strong existing CXO/ Founder level network across the large enterprises and the start-up ecosystem, which facilitate deal flow.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple mid to long term engagements.
• Thought leader with a solid understanding of various verticals such as advertising technologies, ecommerce, content distribution , Payment ecosystem
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
• Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humour.
Back to top