Principal Storage Sales Specialist (Strategic Accounts)
- Seattle, WA
Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of storage technologies spanning block, file and object architectures and a deep passion for working with customers to help deliver mission critical data storage solutions then this is a great role for you.
Do you have a flair for helping customers to build positive outcomes and delivering value added solutions to the most difficult challenges and a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated senior sales professionals to help accelerate our growing Storage business. Customers of all sizes face unique challenges in managing and storing data and accomplishing complex missions with limited resources. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team, bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to commercial leaders that want to serve their customers more effectively.
As a Global Principal Sales Specialist within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's key storage services including EBS, FSx for Windows, FSx for Lustre, EFS, Glacier and S3 Storage along with tools for migration and hybrids workloads such as Storage Gateway, DataSync, Transfer Service for SFTP, and our line of Snow products (Snowball & Snowmobile).
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a passion for customers and partners.
• Have a passion for solving customer problems by educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems.
• Be an experienced sale professional, comfortable in selling both new and mature technologies.
• Have a strong understanding of commercial trends in Storage and data management.
• Have a variety of experiences working as a sales professional with customers of all sizes in complex environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the account management team in helping to ensure commercial success in building Storage solutions and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform.
• Engage systems integrators and support their storage sales efforts.
• Closely collaborate with AWS Account Management teams and support and promote APN Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum customer value.
• Assist solution providers and customers with the definition and implementation of storage strategies that will enable them to support more customers on their journey to the AWS platform.
• Develop and deliver compelling presentations and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of storage solutions for Amazon Web Services.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the worldwide AWS solution sales teams on Storage engagement.
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• 10+ years selling enterprise level solutions
• Experience in selling Enterprise Storage Solutions (either Block, File, Objects or Cloud)
• 5+ years selling into Strategic accounts
• Deep sales and Advisory/consulting experience, including some experience with global accounts and large commercial customers.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations is highly desired
• Experience working with cloud and cloud based solutions is highly desired.
• Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Willingness to travel (mostly domestic) ~20%
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Silicon Valley, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top