We are hiring an accomplished Principal Storage Go To Market (GTM) Specialist to help create the strategy and drive execution of worldwide programs for Amazon S3, which offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance to help customers deploy a range of applications including data lakes, websites, cloud-native applications, backups, archive, machine learning, and analytics.
The S3 GTM Specialist will use their strong background in both business strategy and technical depth to create and orchestrate "at scale" programs, initiatives and enablement for our WW sales teams and partners. WW GTM specialists are responsible for creating the Global GTM strategy for the service including defining paths to market, piloting using cases, defining financial incentives, and helping win lighthouse accounts.
A proven track record of developing and executing go-to-market (GTM) sales programs and initiatives at scale with tangible results, are critical attributes that will lead to success in the role.
In this role you will be accountable for:
Setting strategic program direction, as well as oversee tactical execution, of insight based programs and go to market activities with a focus on expanding AWS market share with top customers, segments, and verticals
• Using your business acumen to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You would work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality
• Partnering with AWS storage services and industry teams to identify workloads that impact our storage services
• A background in mapping the application of technology to customer business scenarios that help our customers understand how to improve their operational outcomes through the use of AWS storage services
• Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise and mid-market customers as well as our valued partners and serve as the primary Executive Briefing Center representative of the storage business
• Act as a trusted business advisor while deep diving into data, creating high impact programs, and tracking progress while tuning for desired results
• Be a leader of virtual teams. You will guide cross functional teams to drive AWS adoption in the key workloads that use the AWS Storage portfolio
• Define, drive, measure, manage and coach on workload focused goals across the business
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO / VP level, as well as background that enables them to easily interact with IT operations leaders, software developers, and infrastructure and applications architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work across the business to set vision, objectives and to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and desire to dive deep is a must.
• 10+ years of technical business development, strategic partnerships, or product management experience
• 5+ years supporting storage technologies
• Experience selling to Fortune 100 and/or Global 200 organizations
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.